(FiveNation.com)- President Joe Biden famously canceled a Trump-era executive order that banned the teaching of Critical Race Theory in schools, but Republican legislatures across the country are fighting back against the racist indoctrination being promoted by the White House.
The latest effort comes from the Tennessee Assembly, with a new bill that seeks to ban the teaching of this radical theory – which divides America along racial lines and teaches that all white people are inherently racist – from being taught in schools across the state.
The bill was approved last Wednesday and includes measures that allow for the withholding of funds for schools that advocate the extremist theory.
Legislators said that teaching the theory would be harmful to students who should be taught about America’s founding, history, science, and other important areas of study.
Supporters of the new legislation have praised the measure as a way of removing political partisanship from the schools, and of giving students a chance to learn about American history without any bias.
BREAKING: The Tennessee state legislature has passed a bill banning critical race theory indoctrination in public schools. The legislation, which now goes to @GovBillLee, will prohibit schools from promoting race essentialism, collective guilt, and state-sanctioned racism. pic.twitter.com/XpvWacWXZc
— Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️ (@realchrisrufo) May 6, 2021
The bill describes how any public charter school “shall not include or promote” concepts as part of a course or curriculum that promote the following concepts:
1. One (1) race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
2. An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race or sex, is inherently privileged, racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously’
3. An individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of the individual’s race or sex’
4. An individual’s moral character is determined by the individual’s race or sex;
5. An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex
Isn’t it incredible that in 2021, Republicans are bringing in new legislation to stop racism in its simplest forms because the Democrats have turned their back on the civil rights movement?
Let’s see how the Democrats defend racism and oppose this new legislation…