(FiveNation.com)- Prince Charles, the first son of Queen Elizabeth II and the next King of England, revealed on Thursday that he had contracted COVID-19. It is the second time that the prince has tested positive for the virus.
Clarence House kept well-wishers up to date with his health status on social media. Posts explained how Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, attended a reception with a number of government officials on Wednesday.
“This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating,” the social media post said.
This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.
HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.
— The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall (@ClarenceHouse) February 10, 2022
It added that Charles was disappointed not to be able to attend events that day in Winchester and has plans to reschedule his visit as soon as he can.
While it appears as though Prince Charles is recovering fine from the infection, the Queen of England is now being “monitored” for the virus after it was revealed that she had been in the company of her son.
At 95 years old, Queen Elizabeth II is in the high-risk category for COVID-19.
According to a source who spoke to Us Weekly, the Queen has not shown any symptoms of COVID-19 so far and remains in Windsor Castle.
The last time Prince Charles had COVID was in March of 2020. He told British news channel Sky News at the time that he was lucky to have experience light symptoms.
“I’ve had it and can still understand what other people are going through,” he said. “I feel particularly for those, for instance, who’ve lost their loved ones but were unable to be with them at the time. That’s, to me, the most ghastly thing.”
Prince Charles is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.