President Trump Leaves Hospital, Back At The White House, But Not ‘Out Of The Woods’ Yet

(FiveNation.com)- On Monday evening, President Donald Trump walked out of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where he spent three nights being treated for the coronavirus.

The president left and was heading back to the White House, where he will be in a special area set up where he can work.

Before leaving the medical center, the president provided some fodder for his critics when he tweeted:

“Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!”

Despite receiving supplemental oxygen twice during his stay because of decreased oxygen levels, doctors said the president was healthy enough to leave the hospital and return to the White House.

At a press conference on Monday, the president’s physician, Dr. Sean Conley, said:

“Over the past 24 hours, the president has continued to improve. He’s met or exceeded all standard hospital discharge criteria. He’ll receive another dose of Remdesivir here today, and then we plan to get him home.

“He’s met or exceeded all hospital discharge criteria. We plan to get him home.”

Conley did surprisingly say that Trump is “not out of the woods yet,” even though he’s leaving the hospital. The doctor did say the president hasn’t registered a fever for the past 72 hours, while his blood oxygen levels are normal as well. One potential issue with Conley’s statement is that some of the drugs Trump was taking in the hospital are known to reduce fevers.

At the White House, a separate working space will be set up for the president. Inside the executive mansion will be the temporary office setup on the basement level that’s next to the medical suite. This is so Trump will have easy access to additional medical care should he need it.

The temporary space will also serve as a place where the president can isolate within the White House.

More news also came out earlier on Monday that Trump was on a list of people who tested negative for COVID-19 prior to the presidential debate in Cleveland last Tuesday. That list was submitted to the Cleveland Clinic, but the organization didn’t review the results of the tests.

In a statement, the clinic said:

“The Cleveland Clinic required everyone entering the debate hall to have a negative COVID-19 test. This was also required by the White House medical team.

“The campaigns had existing testing protocols, which were reviewed as part of the planning process in which the Cleveland Clinic, the Commission on Presidential Debates and the campaigns participated. After that review, it was agreed that the campaigns’ respective medical teams would be (1) responsible for testing their respective candidates and entourages, and (2) required to certify to the Clinic on the day of the debate that all of those individuals had been tested by their medical teams with a negative test result within the approved time period before the debate.

“Each campaign complied with this requirement.”