Jordanian Migrants Caught Attempting to Enter Marine Base

Two Jordanian nationals who attempted to break onto the US Marine Corps base in Quantico, Virginia earlier this month were apprehended by sentries and turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement pending deportation.

According to Capt. Michael Curtis, a spokesman for Marine Corps Base Quantico, two individuals driving a box truck pulled up to the Fuller Road Gate of the base on May 3. When confronted by military sentries, the driver of the vehicle claimed that they worked for an Amazon subcontractor and were there to make deliveries to the post office in Quantico.

Capt. Curtis said the two men were instructed to go to a holding area where the sentries would vet them. However, instead of doing as instructed, the driver drove past the holding area and attempted to get onto the base. The sentries blocked the vehicle from moving farther onto the base and detained the two men.

According to Capt. Curtis, the men were later turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

An ICE spokesman later confirmed that two Jordanian nationals had been arrested for trespassing by the Criminal Investigations Division of Marine Corps Base Quantico. The CID then notified ICE’s Eastern Regional Office in Washington about the arrests.

Deportation officers from ICE’s Criminal Apprehension Program in Washington took the two men into custody where they will remain until their removal proceedings, the spokesman said.

Unnamed sources claimed that one of the two Jordanians, who recently entered the US from the southern border, was on the federal government’s terror watch list. However, ICE did not confirm the claims.

The attempted incursion at Marine Corps Base Quantico was first revealed by an anonymous listener of “The Vince Coglianese Show” on WMAL on May 15. The listener sent Coglianese a photograph showing the box truck at the Fullerton Road Gate at Quantico.

At a press conference the following day, Fox reporter Steve Doocy asked ICE Director Patrick Lechleitner to confirm the report. Lechleitner verified that the incident occurred and that the two Jordanians had been detained.