(FiveNation.com)- On Thursday, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s cell phone as part of their probe into the shooting death of Halyna Hutchins.
Investigators had previously asked Baldwin to turn over his phone, however, the actor refused without a warrant. During their examination of Halyna Hutchins’ phone, investigators found email conversations related to the production dating back to mid-July, and among them was a back-and-forth between Baldwin and the film’s armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed in which she said Baldwin had requested a bigger gun. Based on this discovery, investigators secured the warrant for Baldwin’s phone.
However, Baldwin, who really needs to stop making public statements, denied the claim that he wanted to use a larger gun. In a tweet from his Alec Baldwin Foundation Twitter account, Baldwin said the claim cited in the warrant was a “lie” and any suggestion that changes were made “before fatal shooting is false.”
Earlier this month, Baldwin made the mistake of sitting down for a one-on-one interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos where he claimed that he did not pull the trigger on the gun that killed Hutchins.
During his interview with Stephanopoulos, Alec Baldwin also said he didn’t feel guilty about shooting Halyna Hutchins to death. Instead, he told Stephanopoulos that he believes someone else was responsible for what happened, only he didn’t know who. All he knows, Baldwin told Stephanopoulos, is “it’s not me.” Baldwin said if he thought he was responsible for Hutchins’ death, he would’ve killed himself.